Speaker Nominations and Session Topics: General Program
The ATA2022 Annual Conference & Expo program is being curated by a select Advisory Committee, together with the program team, and is accepting recommendations for session topics including real-world applications, best practices, and the practical insights and learnings that will help advance telehealth implementation; as well as nominations for forward-thinking, innovative speakers.
Proposed speakers and topics should fit within ATA2022 theme: Now What? Creating Opportunity in a Time of Uncertainty.
COVID-19 created an almost overnight shift in how care is delivered. We were not ready for such a seismic change, but telehealth quickly became the solution, a lifeline for people, no matter where they lived, to access needed healthcare services. Through this rapid transformation hospital systems, solution providers, and clinicians began to create a hybrid delivery system of in-person and virtual care to best serve the needs of patients. But the pandemic also brought to light existing disparities in health care access and a gaping digital divide.
So, now what?
In order to establish telehealth as a permanent, valid and necessary component of everyday care delivery, there are several imperatives:
- Enact state and federal policies that establish permanent and appropriate access to telehealth.
- Enrich existing healthcare systems with well-designed virtual care services and support clinicians with the necessary tools and training to deliver convenient, personalized, quality care to their patients.
- Fuel innovation, research, and the implementation of telehealth in a range of care settings, including the home.
- Establish the necessary infrastructures to extend equal access to safe, secure, and effective care in communities across the country.
- Empower consumers and patients to leverage telehealth whenever and wherever they need it, to help solve health disparities.
There are also several obstacles that affect provider behavior, patient engagement and business success: Growing uncertainty about the future of telehealth access, an unpredictable regulatory environment, mounting concerns around reimbursement, and turbulence in the marketplace.
ATA2022 features the decision-makers and thought leaders, the boots-on-the-ground clinicians, the forward-looking innovators and solution providers, and the policymakers who are creating the future.
ATA2022 Content Pillars:
- Hybrid Care – Implementing a two-channel hybrid model of care that balances in-person and virtual care; telehealth beyond just a COVID solution; tools and training for clinicians; in-patient, in-home, acute care and remote care; diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and more
- Ending Inequity – Consumerization of healthcare without boundaries; the virtual patient experience; addressing social determinants of health; serving the underserved
- Everyday Care – Applications across the care continuum and beyond – from healthy aging and telemental health to pediatrics and telerehabilitation; improving health and wellness
- Policy Priorities – Federal policy and regulatory priorities; state legislative agendas; business models/reimbursement and licensing
- Technology and Framework – Emerging technologies to extend virtual care services; driving productivity, efficiencies and cost savings; security, privacy and cybersecurity; interoperability and data flow
- Proof Points – Research, data and analytics; decentralized technology-driven clinical trials
Submissions Guidelines: For the General Program, submission categories/information to provide include Speaker Recommendation, Proposed Topic and Proposal Contact – with no character limits.
All submissions will be carefully considered by the ATA2022 content advisor committee and program team. If a topic is selected for the program, ATA will fully manage execution of the session for the conference program and reserves the right to select speakers, expand the topic to include different perspectives, and/or adapt a topic idea in any way to best fit within the program. There may be speakers and topics submitted that cross and complement well to form a different or new session. Please note: ATA does not provide speaking fees or other expenses related to presenting at ATA2022. Deadline for all submissions is October 29, 2021, 11:59PM ET.